New York Design Center: 200 Lexington

February 7, 2013

Photo credit goes to hereinthishouse.com



Does the 200 Lexington building sound familiar? At 200 Lexington Avenue in New York City is the New York Design Center. This past week was my first time in this building in which it reminded me a lot of the D&D (Decoration & Design) Building on 59th and 3rd ave. Walking into the building you see a bunch of vignettes of different showrooms that are in the building. It is also where you can look at the directory to find one of the hundreds of showrooms located here. Like the D&D you would need a designer account set up with the different showrooms in order to request samples.

The trip I took there with the designer I assist, we planned to stop into Arteriors (known for their beautiful lamps) and Lee Industries which is featured in the Apropos showroom. Realizing that Kravet also had a showroom here, we decided to stop in there as well to look for some grass cloth wallpaper (very popular right now - almost all the samples we requested they had out) and fabric for a different client. I wanted to show some of the pictures I had taken in Arteriors this past week because I fell in love with their showroom and the style of their one of a kind lamps:


As I had walked in I was drawn to the industrial, rustic look of this chandelier. Because even though it  has a masculine feel about it, the chrome gives it the perfect shine.


I love the sleek, sophisticated look of the brass lamp toward the right. And I am a big fan of the nesting tables. If you want to save some money,  Pottery Barn has similar, rustic looking ones here.


Walking around admiring Arteriors showroom, I came across a lot of bleached wood furniture and accessories. I am not surprised this is a really popular look, it is gorgeous.


Here is just one wall of table lamps they have in all different colors. 


I love the floor lamp in this picture, which is the lamp we actually went in to find. Except it came with a different shade we wanted and was larger than the picture. The good thing though is that the shades do come with the bases here. 


I hope that the style of Arteriors inspires you as much as it inspired me! Below I have made a link to each of the showrooms that I have mentioned in this post including the New York Design Center where you can find more information and see a full list of their showrooms. Talk soon :)




Xo,















1 comment

  1. Wow! I've never been one to be very interested in lighting design. Only over the past year I've kind of realized how the right style lighting can actually be the centerpiece of a design. Or highlight other design elements. I love the first chandelier! I've been looking for a long time for lamps for our bedroom... Maybe you've now inspired me to actually go get some!

    ReplyDelete