Already Mid-March!

March 12, 2018

Where did the time go?! I cannot believe it's already about half way through March. So many things have been happening, and I still can't find the time to blog as much as I would love to! I need to change that. Since my last post (which was Jan 22nd), I have been super busy but I am pretty proud of myself for the progress I have made... 

1) I signed up for and completed two classes at NY School of Interior Design - Technical Drawing and a Beginner Revit course (PS: Revit is not the most fun but it's an amazing program and I can't wait to learn more to help advance my career!)

2) I went on two vacations - one to FL to visit family in Feb, and one for a wedding and to see friends in my second home in SoCal earlier this month which is also why I have been MIA

3) Already have been to two appointments and received my first set of trays for Invisalign and have 12-18 months to go but I am super excited!! Can you believe you have to wear them for an optimal 22 hours per day - just taking 2 hours out for eating and snacking so I hope that I can get used to that quick.

4) Made serious progress on my portfolio but it is ALMOST COMPLETE finally - three months in the making. My tip to anyone trying to get their portfolio together would be to non stop research other portfolios out there and look at magazines you like to see how their templates are laid out before starting to make yours. If you have the style and template down, it will be a lot easier. Not to mention, knowing the program you are using prior to starting as I had to self teach myself InDesign while I was creating my portfolio but now I know wayyy more InDesign than I ever did. 

Now what is left on my to-do list? Well, definitely finish my portfolio and back to saving money like crazy. Now that we've been away, I really need to get back on track with saving money and get back to wedding planning. That has also been a stand still because we are back and forth between our vision for our wedding which is making it difficult to move forward with any set decisions. To have a big wedding or to buy a house? Definitely not an easy answer right now. I will surely keep you posted on the progress of it all! Until next time..



xo, 
Lauren

Post a Comment