Apartment Refresh to Come

January 14, 2017

Hello all! I hope the start to your new year has been fun and productive :) So far for me, I have looked into classes at NYSID and FIT, although NYSID has more class options for me to take they are so darn expensive so this next week I will be narrowing down my options and deciding which one's will be worth it. I would love to take classes with credits, just in case I decide I want to pursue a degree, I can put them towards it. As for learning Spanish, I have not dug too deep into that yet but I plan on using Duolingo to get started soon! As for painting more, I plan to turn my eat in kitchen area into a "studio" space which excites me. One last thing is that I plan to refresh my apartment this year in order to kill two birds with one stone - 1) we are in need of some new pieces and 2) it will be the start to my portfolio that I'd like to create this year so I think it's worth a little investment. The key to all this being...saving money! :) In the meantime, below are some items that I am hoping will make it's way into our apartment soon many of which are on sale right now!


1 /  Nea Rug - Cream / $2,149 / $1,289RH Teen 

This rug is a viscose, cotton and wool blend. I plan on ordering a swatch to see if this tone works in my space and isn't too light because it is mostly viscose which could stain more easily but I am loving this option! 





2 / Mira Coffee Table /  $599 / $449 / west elm

 Currently I have a bone inlay table with a metal origami base and I looove it except it is just too small. We need a larger table, with no wood because we already have a lot of wood (floating shelves behind sofa, media console, and side table) so I would love an option like below to break that up. The top is a black and grey marble which I feel would be durable (more so than white) because of it's variation and dark hue. I just love this one!





3 / Austin 62" Media Console / $999 / $899 / Crate & Barrel

Finding the right media is not easy - well, it would be if it was just up to me buttttt 
it's not :) It has to be a lot of things like 1) open shelving 2) can hide all wires and 2) the right size and ideally a solid wood. This solves all of those things and I'm loving that it's solid walnut with exposed dovetail joinery.


4 / Capitola Stripe Pillow - Fog / $98 / Serena & Lily
 Camille Diamond Medallion Pillow Cover / $78Serena & Lily

What I love about pillows is that they are such a simple way to change the look of a space without spending a fortune. This one especially is a natural linen and created using an ancient Japanese dyeing technique that makes each one original and authentic.







5 / Parsons Bone Inlay Floor Mirror / $549 / $411 / west elm

We have a space in our living room where I currently have a round brass geometric mirror in between two windows, but I would love to switch it out if I end up going with a coffee table with a brass frame. Our current coffee table is a bone inlay one, which I love except it is just too small. So I thought of incorporating the bone inlay that I love and do a leaner mirror instead. This one would be perfect.






In the next few months I am looking to make these changes and hopefully will have after photos for you. Stay tuned!





xo,
Lauren









Post a Comment