Chevron Floral Painting

December 31, 2012

I have been painting a lot lately and friends and even friends of friends have reached out to me to paint for them. This idea of this chevron floral painting came from a previous chevron painting I had done. My friend had wanted black and white chevron with a gray and turquoise floral print. So here is how I made it:



Step 1:  Paint the whole canvas the color of your choice (I chose white which was the color of my canvas already). Then, tape your chevron design (I eyeballed mine) and paint every other chevron the color of your choice (I chose black).


Step 2: Remove tape SLOWLY when paint is completely DRY. You cannot tell in this picture but my lines did not come out super smooth.


Step 3: Because the chevron did not come out super smooth, I corrected any lines with white paint which came out SO much better.


Step 4: Draw with pencil the design of your choice. You can slightly see mine, I chose a floral design.


 Step 5: Paint in the lines whatever colors you have chose. There were no "rules" when I chose colors. I just liked how the dark gray looked for the stem and then filled in the flower and leaf with the two shades of turquoise with some gray and black. 



Step 6: Finish filling in your design with paint. 


Step 7: You can add more prints by simply doing the same method you did with the previous flower print. I chose to do the side flowers much simpler so the center one stands out.


Well that is the final product! I hope you love it and try something like this yourself. It is not as hard as it may seem. :)

Xo,


1 comment

  1. Haha, its not hard if you actually have artistic TALENT! Like you! I could do the stripes here, the flower...not so much, I don't think!

    ReplyDelete