Why Start This Blog?

August 29, 2011



I really wanted to start this blog to have a place where I can display my interest and passion for interior design and decorating. Over the last few years my passion has grown. I just graduated with my Bachelor of Science degree but I have a desire to pursue a career in Interior Design at some point. 

Design is not only about picking out paint colors and furniture, although that's a great start. To me it is about thinking outside of the box. Making a space aesthetically beautiful and functional looking effortless at the same time, making sure totally different pieces in a room can go together, identifying a particular design style(s) and making it present in a sophisticated way or creating a space with clean lines or with architectural elements that stand out. This list can go on and on. 

But if one thing is true it is designing a space that the client loves is most important. Even if I don't have clients (yet!), I know that it is the designers job to deliver what their clients are looking for. Even if they don't really know what they like, designers have to get a sense of their clients style to come up with a space that they will love. 

Over the past few years, I would do projects for my parents such a reupholster their dining room chairs and pick out colors and paint their living and dining room. I have also been painting a lot more recently so I know I have more than a few creative bones in my body. I have a lot to learn about design and I would love to see where it takes me. I would love to learn more about creating a floor plan and coming up with ideas for an empty space and turn it into something beautiful and transitional. My particular design taste is quite versatile - I love vintage chic, eclectic spaces but also bold spaces where there are moments that stand out. I have not chosen one specific area where I want to focus on throughout this blog yet but there is more to come! 


Xo,


Post a Comment